St. John’s Institute Program and Facility Director
Overview: The St. John’s Institute is seeking a creative, hands-on, self-starting individual to develop and manage a volunteer-supported, fundraising organization to augment this community based non-profit. The St. John’s Institute operates in an historic church building that is a documented former stop on the Underground Railroad. Located in the midst of a growing and diverse urban city neighborhood of Cleveland, Ohio, the Institute is a catalyst for building relationships across boundaries through the arts, spirituality, and community discourse.
We are looking for a person who can work with our board to:
• Develop a fundraising and grant-writing process to fund all salaries and program expenses
• Develop a volunteer base to support the work of the Institute and build community engagement
• Manage the facility of St. John’s Church, and manage events and programs of St. John’s Institute
• Take an active role in program development and marketing
• Take an active role in the development of a comprehensive plan for the restoration and preservation of the historic buildings and grounds of St. John’s Church
• Collaborate effectively with the church’s part-time priest
• Experience in fundraising and grant-writing
• Knowledge and/or experience in developing a functioning team of volunteers
• Knowledge and/or experience in history, architecture, or historic preservation
• College degree required, Master’s degree in related disciplines preferred
• Flexibility in work schedule to allow for some evenings and weekends
• Willingness to be hands-on in daily facility management
• Ability to function effectively without close daily supervision
• Ability to positively and professionally engage people from all walks of life
• An open and affirming perspective on diversity and inclusivity
Full-time position: $36,000 Salary, fully paid Health Insurance, Funded Pension Plan; reports to a member of the Diocese of Ohio Program Staff until position is fully funded; then will report directly to Board.
About The Institute at St. John’s
The Institute is a two year old stand-alone non-profit. The St. John’s Church building is owned by The Episcopal Diocese of Ohio. Until the Institute begins raising its own funds, all expenses are being paid by the church. Transferring those expenses to The Institute is a primary goal for the incoming Director. The Institute Board consists of members of the community as well as members of The Episcopal Diocese of Ohio.
Please submit your resume no later than April 1 to the Rev. Brad Purdom at firstname.lastname@example.org.