Although Easter Day was celebrated a short time ago, the Good Book Club continues throughout the 50 days of the Easter season, concluding on Pentecost Day.
The Good Book Club is an Episcopal churchwide initiative that invites the reading of the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles during the liturgical seasons of Lent and Easter 2018. Led by Forward Movement, the Good Book Club readings will finish on Pentecost (May 20).
“Following the 40 days of Lent and the reading of St. Luke’s Gospel, we continue on our journey through Pentecost with the reading of the Acts of the Apostles,” said Richelle Thompson, Forward Movement Deputy Director. “Acts relates the ministry of the early disciples, perfect reading through Ascension and Pentecost.”
Thompson added, “We invite you to continue with (or join!) the thousands of people across the Church who are exploring and discussing the Bible through the Good Book Club.”
Prayers, videos, study guides and other resources are available from the more than 25 partners here. Spanish resources and information are available here.
- Grab your copy of the Gospel of Luke and Acts of the Apostles.
- Starting on February 11, follow the reading outline.
- Check out the resources
- Listen to a podcast.
- Download a daily item.
- Reflect on a Scripture verse.
- Read a blog or two.
- Watch videos.
- Create artful responses to the readings
- Consider a theological reflection.
- Utilize the study guide.
- Stay up-to-date by following The Good Book Club on Facebook here.
- Join the mailing list here
- Review the comprehensive toolkit link here.
- Listen to a January 31 webinar, available here with the Rev. Jay Sidebotham and Forward Movement deputy director Richelle Thompson helping participants on the journey.
Partners in the Good Book Club are:
The Episcopal Church
Acts 8 Movement
Building Faith at the Center for the Ministry of Teaching
Center for Biblical Studies
Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes
Episcopal Camps and Conference Centers
Episcopal Church Office of Latino/Hispanic Ministries
Episcopal Church Women (ECW)
Episcopal Church Women ReadCreate
Episcopal Church Foundation
Episcopal Migrations Ministries
Episcopal Relief & Development
Gathering of Leaders
The Living Church
United Thank Offering
For more information, contact Jason Merritt at email@example.com.