[From The Sandusky Register]
HURON — Christ Episcopal Church is one of the oldest churches in the area.
The Episcopal Society of Huron was organized in 1837 and a cornerstone for a church building was laid on May 23, 1838, the church’s websites states. At that time, the church was located on the village’s original southern limit with the Rev. F.M. Levenworth as its first pastor, according to the Huron Historical Society’s website. In 1839, the Rev. Samuel Marks took over leadership duties and remained in his position for more than 40 years.
Read the full article.