[From The Lakewood Observer
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church is inviting the community to celebrate a grand opening and open house for its new program building on June 9. The day will begin with a festive celebration of the Holy Eucharist at 10 a.m. Part of the service will include recognition of the men and women who designed and built the facility.
The $3.5 million building was a decade in the making and funded through a five year capital campaign by church members. An additional half million dollars will be spent on other building renovations and furnishings. This is a significant milestone for the 112 year old congregation, which has anchored the southeast corner of Detroit and West Clifton since 1928.
Read the full article.