The 2021 Winter Convocation will be held virtually on Sunday mornings and weekday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on February 8-14. There is no charge for any of the events, but pre-registration is required. Registration information will be coming soon. Feel free to sign up for as many workshops as you like. Each weekday event will have pre-work assigned, and will last no longer than one hour.
- Sunday, February 7 – Bishop Hollingsworth will preach online via prerecorded video that all congregations may incorporate in their own services.
- Monday, February 8 at 7 pm – A one-hour conversation with The Rev. Sean Steele, rector of a great, creative missional parish in Texas. A 40-minute video to watch before the session will be provided. See here for more information: https://faithandleadership.com/church-has-no-walls-many-doors-accessible-seekers-and-skeptics
- Tuesday, February 9 at 7 pm – In her new book - A Family Like Mine: Biblical Stories of Love, Loss, and Longing - The Rev. Rosalind C Hughes, Church of the Epiphany, Euclid, [finds] that regardless of how we define family, stories of the Bible shape how we claim our place in the household of God today. Each person or family attending the workshop will receive a free copy of her book.
- Wednesday, February 10 at 7 pm - The Rev. Anna Sutterisch will lead us in Soultending: Experiential (and experimental) Spirituality, using common objects and tools from home.
- Thursday, February 11 at 7 pm – Bellwether Chef Lonny Gatlin and Farmer Kyle Mitchell share the ways they experience God and faith in their vocations of hospitality, cooking, farming, and husbandry.
- Friday, February 12 at 7 pm - Game Night: The youth of the Diocese of Ohio will lead us in a multi-generational, interactive, exciting game night. Followed by Compline. All ages welcome!
- Sunday, February 14 – Closing the Convocation, Bishop Hollingsworth will again preach online via prerecorded video that all congregations may incorporate in their own services.