The Young Adult Outreach Task force was created by resolution
at the 202nd
Diocesan Convention to note existing young adult ministry in the Diocese of Ohio and make recommendations on how to increase outreach to 18-30 year olds. This task force held interviews, explored resources, and conducted research on a variety of topics including cultural trends, communications, college ministry, worship, short term ministry, stewardship, nominations, aging out of youth group, and intergenerational ministry.
Click here to see our initial recommendations
, as presented to the 203rd
This task force will next form teams to create concrete and specific resources to help participating parishes use and implement these recommendations. If you are interested in joining an implementation team, please contact the Rev. Anna Sutterisch.
Young Adult and College Ministry Grants
are used for start-up and ongoing support of parish-based ministries geared to college students and/or young adults in the neighborhood. Grant application deadline: June 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Young Adult Formation Grants
are micro-grants used to support parishes in making changes to their worship, programming, and community outreach in ways that will attract multiple generations, especially young adults. Grant application will be made available in early 2020.
- Zahl, David. Seculosity: How Career, Parenting, Technology, Food, Politics, and Romance Became Our New Religion and What to Do about It. Fortress Press, 2019
- Wheeler, Justin. How Millenials are Changing Philanthropy Forbes Article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2018/08/15/how-millennials-are-changing-philanthropy/#1156b0c67c68
- Pew Research Center. Nones on the Rise: https://www.pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/
- Powell, Kara Eckmann. Growing Young: Six Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover and Love Your Church. Baker Books, a Division of Baker Publishing Group, 2016.
- Mabry, John R. Faithful Generations: Effective Ministry Across Generational Lines. Morehouse Publishing, 2013.