204th Annual Diocesan Convention (2020)
Registration is now open for lay delegates, lay alternates, youth representatives, clergy delegates, and laity with seat and voice privileges (see bottom menu).
A list of Nominees running for various Diocesan offices is available.
The Diocese of Ohio will hold the 204th Annual Convention virtually on Saturday, November 14, 2020. By using available technology, we will continue to keep as a priority the safety and wellbeing of communicants in the Diocese of Ohio while conducting the necessary business of the Church.
Important to note for this year:
- The $40 per person registration is waived this year due to the financial strain parishes are experiencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Convention will be virtual which means all participants must have, or have access to, a computer, laptop, iPad, or Tablet and a Smart phone with:
- An Internet connection; and
- Webcam or Audio
- Be sure clergy and elected delegates/alternates have, or have access to, the above technology. Without it they cannot participate or vote in a virtual convention.
- Elect delegates and alternates as soon as possible so they can take full advantage of training and instruction in advance of convention.
The Bishop's list of clergy eligible to vote at the 204th Annual Diocesan Convention can be viewed HERE
. Clergy on this list are expected to participate in Convention or be officially excused by the Bishop prior to Convention if unable to attend.
What is Diocesan Convention?
The Annual Convention of the Diocese of Ohio is the legislative body that approves the diocesan program and budget, elects persons to various groups, which serve the diocese, adopts resolutions on various issues, and approves changes in the Constitution and Canons of the diocese.
Each congregation in union with the convention, that is, those that are current with payment of diocesan assessments and Church pension requirements, is entitled to be represented by not more than three lay adult delegates in good standing in their respective congregations. Delegates are chosen in accordance with the prescribed Canon, or by special parochial charter or bylaws of the parish. Attendance at Annual Convention is not limited to lay delegates and clergy. Youth and adult members of all congregations are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The Diocese of Ohio Annual Convention is held once per year, usually the second weekend in November.