Quick List of Funds Available through the Diocese of Ohio
Note: Most grants expect to cover at most 1/3rd the cost of the project, with funds coming from the parish and from individuals or ministry partners. Each of these has a grant application available from the contact person listed.
Capital Loans and Grants
- Support for parish capital improvement projects, excluding stained glass, organs, handicap accessibility, furnishings and portable equipment. Current practice is to begin funding consideration based on 1/3 parish contribution, 1/3 loan and 1/3 grant. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. GUIDELINES •CAPITAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS (Fill-in) •(Word) •(Minimum Formatting) •(Plain Text)
- Ministry and Connection Grants help congregations initiate new programs to build their size and vitality by reaching out to new members. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. APPLICATION
- Adult Faith Formation Grants provide startup and some ongoing support of programs like mid-life spirituality groups, senior groups, or weekend retreats. Maximum award is $750. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. APPLICATION
Clergy and Lay Professionals
- Continuing Education grants are available for the upgrading or broadening of knowledge or skills that directly apply to the applicant’s work in the Diocese. Grant application deadline: March 1, June 1, Sept. 31, December 1 APPLICATION
Lay Continuing Education Grants
Mission work outside the Diocese of Ohio
- Grants help pay for training or continuing education in areas that build the life of the congregation and/or the diocese. Rolling application; grants generally up to $500 to cover 1/3 of the program. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. APPLICATION
The Commission on Global and Domestic Mission (CGDM) provides grants in three categories, all requiring the involvement of parishes:
- Belize and Tanga relationships: These are our two Diocesan partnerships, and so as to promote coordinated efforts, those interested in Tanga and Belize should be in touch with a member of CGDM.
- Global Mission grants support parish mission efforts in other places outside the US with which a parish in the Diocese has a relationship, and that address one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Recent grants have funded work in Haiti, Nigeria, Honduras and El Salvador. Grant application deadline: March 31, June 30, Sept. 30, Dec. 3. Apply for a global mission grant.
- Domestic Mission grants support parish mission efforts in other parts of the US. Grant application deadline: August 31. Apply for a domestic mission grant.
Episcopal Community Services (ECS) and Church Home Grants: The Episcopal Community Services Development Council evaluates and provides grant funding in support of parish-based projects that address education, hunger, homelessness and health, with a particular emphasis on projects that address systemic issues. This includes grants funded by the Church Home endowment that serve the elderly. Applications for these funds are available; note that there is one combined appplication (Episcopal Community Services and Church Home grant apllication), and that the form is now filled out online here: APPLICATION Online grant application available August 16th. Deadline for grant submission is September 30th.
- We are not posting applications for summer mission trips and summer youth programs given the implications of COVID-19 for these, but please contact Margaret D'Anieri directly if you have ideas for summer 2020 that may require funding.
- College Ministry Grants are used for start up and some ongoing support of parish-based ministries geared to college students. Grant application deadline is July 31.