Quick List of Funds Available through the Diocese of Ohio
Note: Most grants expect to cover at most 1/3rd the cost of the project, with funds coming from the parish and from individuals or ministry partners. Each of these has a grant application available from the contact person listed.
Capital Loans and Grants
- Support for parish capital improvement projects, excluding stained glass, organs, handicap accessibility, furnishings and portable equipment. Current practice is to begin funding consideration based on 1/3 parish contribution, 1/3 loan and 1/3 grant. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. GUIDELINES •CAPITAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS (Fill-in) •(Word) •(Minimum Formatting) •(Plain Text)
- Ministry and Growth Grants help congregations initiate new programs to build their size and vitality by reaching out to new members. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. APPLICATION
- Adult Faith Formation Grants provide startup and some ongoing support of programs like mid-life spirituality groups, senior groups, or weekend retreats. Maximum award is $750. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. APPLICATION
Clergy and Lay Professionals
- Continuing Education grants are available for the upgrading or broadening of knowledge or skills that directly apply to the applicant’s work in the Diocese. Grant application deadline: March 1, June 1, Sept. 31, December 1 APPLICATION
Lay Continuing Education Grants
Mission work outside the Diocese of Ohio
- Grants help pay for training or continuing education in areas that build the life of the congregation and/or the diocese. Rolling application; grants generally up to $500 to cover 1/3 of the program. Grant application deadline: Rolling deadline. APPLICATION
The Commission on Global and Domestic Mission (CGDM) provides grants in three categories, all requiring the involvement of parishes:
- Belize and Tanga relationships: These are our two Diocesan partnerships, and so as to promote coordinated efforts, those interested in Tanga and Belize should be in touch with a member of CGDM.
- Global Mission grants support parish mission efforts in other places outside the US and that address one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Recent grants have funded work in Haiti, Nigeria, Honduras and El Salvador. Grant application deadline: March 31, June 30, Sept. 30, Dec. 3. Apply for a global mission grant.
- Domestic Mission grants support parish mission efforts in other parts of the US. Grant application deadline: August 31. Apply for a domestic mission grant.
Episcopal Community Services (ECS) and Church Home Grants: The Episcopal Community Services Development Council evaluates and provides grant funding in support of parish-based projects that address education, hunger, homelessness and health, with a particular emphasis on projects that address systemic issues. This includes grants funded by the Church Home endowment that serve the elderly. Applications for these funds are available; note that there is one combined appplication (Episcopal Community Services and Church Home grant apllication), and that the form is now filled out online here: APPLICATION Deadline for grant submission is September 30th.
- Summer Youth Program Grants: The mission office has funds available to support Vacation Bible School programs, up to a maximum of $500. Grant application deadline: May 31
- Summer Youth Mission Trip Grants: The mission office, via the Bishop’s Annual Appeal, has funds available to support youth mission trips, with an emphasis on those that involve youth from more than one parish. If outside the Diocese of Ohio, see CGDM Mission as well. Grant application deadline: May 31
- Young Adult and College Ministry Grants are used for start up and some ongoing support of parish-based ministries geared to college students and/or young adults in the neighborhood.Grant application deadline: June 4, 2019 for 2019-2020 school year