The Finance Office of the Diocese of Ohio provides information, education and assistance to parishes in a broad range of financial matters. We can assist parishes in these primary areas: compliance with Diocesan and Episcopal Church canons, financial management, financial structure and systems, and regulatory compliance. Our office seeks to partner with parishes to confront their financial challenges and offer advice and recommendations compatible with the diocesan mission to grow, give and serve.
How We Can Help
The Finance Office provides information, education and assistance to parishes & related Episcopal organizations in the following areas:
- Payroll and employee benefits
- Trusts, bequests, and endowments
- Assistance with parish reporting: Assessments, Audits, Parochial Reports, Pensions – Lay and Clergy, Insurance
- Accounting/bookkeeping assistance
- Loans and grants for capital purchases/improvements
- Financial Best Practices
- Policies and procedures
- Canonical compliance
- Financial governance
Standard Mileage Rates for 2017
The IRS has issued the standard mileage rates for teh calendar year 2017. The rates are as follows:
- Business miles, $.535 per mile, down from $.54 in 2016;
- Medical or moving miles, $.17 per mile, down form $.19 in 2016; and
- Charitable mileage, $.14 per mile, unchanged from 2016.
Further information about use of the standard mileage rates can be found in either IRS Rev. Proc. 2010-51, or IRS Notice 2016-79. Either can be found on the IRS website at www.irs.gov.
Handouts for 2016 Convention
Parish Reporting / Assessments Compliance for 2017
Please click the link below for the corresponding report:
Lay Pension Reports - Due October 1, 2017
Excel and Word format:
Good Friday Offering
Here is the information about remitting Good Friday Offerings:
Please make check payable to the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society and write "Good Friday Offerings" on the memo line.
Send all payments to :
DFMS - Protestant Episcopal Church US
PO Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
Diocesan Business Practices Canon - Adopted by Diocesan Council - October 20, 2016